Harambee is an African Swahil word that means, "Let's Pull together"
Our Mission is to Build Healthy Lives in Communities-in-Need
Our vision is that all persons engage in healthy behaviors, live in an environment that supports health, and have access to quality health care.
We are guided by an innovative, inter-professional team that is passionate about improving the health of persons living in distressed communities
Harambee Health Center. Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, non-profit organization, incorporated in March 2012.
Health programs currently include:
To prepare for the future, we also:
- Michelle O'Bama's Let's Move program at the Presbyterian Community Center. Funded by the Good Samaritan Foundation, Inc., the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- Wellness Clinics & Health Education @ New Direction Housing Corporation's (NDHC) St. Williams, Brandeis, and Heverin House sites in West Louisville
- Mayor's Give a Day Event: Health Fair- April 13, 11 am - 2 pm. Come join use for free food, fun, health booths and prizes Hosted by Harambee Health Center & NDHC, in partnership with University Hospital. Brandeis Apartments
- Please see Programs and Services for the multiple health fairs and other programs and services
- Provide clinical supervision for health care students.
- Seek new and better ways to provide health care to under=served persons
Presbyterian Community Center, New Directions Housing Corporation, Inc. University Hospital, Bellarmine, Galen and UofL Schools of Nursing, Sullivan College of Pharmacy, National Nursing Center Consortium, Inc. http://www.nncc.us
- Member of the Kentucky and Louisville Centers for Non-Profit Excellence
- Accounting Firm: Eiche, Smith & Company, Inc. www.escocpsa.com
- Attorney: Glenn Bossmeyer
Harambee is an American Academy of Nursing "EdgeRunner" program, an innovative health care program that offers new ideas to improve the health of the nation. nation.
Video About Harambee
The American Academy of Nursing produced the video below to highlight Harambee's history, needs of low income communities and financial stresses. (See video below). We are happy to report that due to the strong support of several organizations, Harambee currently in a stronger position. We leave this video to remind all that we need support to continue our work.