Harambee is an African Swahil word that means, "Let's Pull together"
Our Mission is to Build Healthy Lives in Communities-in-Need
Our vision is that all persons engage in healthy behaviors, live in an environment that supports health, and have access to quality health care.
We are guided by an innovative, inter-professional team that is passionate about improving the health of persons living in distressed communities
Harambee Health Center. Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, non-profit organization, incorporated in March 2012.
Health programs currently include:
To prepare for the future, we also:
- Michelle O'Bama's Let's Move Child Obesity Program, Funded by the Good Samaritan Foundation, Inc., the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
- Harambee for Hearts - New Directions (preventing heart disease) funded by the Good Samaritan Foundation Inc. a ministry of the Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Wellness Clinics @ New Direction Housing Corporation's (NDHC) St. Williams, Brandeis, and Heverin House sites in West Louisville
- Harambee is moving to 800 South Preston Street, Louisville KY 40203 soon! At the Youth Build Louisville site. Stay tuned.
- Provide clinical supervision for health care students.
- Seek new and better ways to provide health care to under=served persons
New Directions Housing Corporation, Inc., Youth Build, Presbyterian Community Center, University Hospital, Louisville Schools of Nursing, , Sullivan College of Pharmacy, Community Health Partners for Sustainability & National Nursing Center Consortium, Inc. http://www.nncc.us
- Member of the Kentucky and Louisville Centers for Non-Profit Excellence
- Accounting Firm: Eiche, Smith & Company, Inc. www.escocpsa.com
- Attorney: Glenn Bossmeyer
Harambee is an American Academy of Nursing "EdgeRunner" program, an innovative health care program that offers new ideas to improve the health of the nation. nation.
Video About Harambee
The American Academy of Nursing produced the video below to highlight Harambee's history, needs of low income communities and financial stresses. (See video below). We are happy to report that due to the strong support of several organizations, Harambee currently in a stronger position. We leave this video to remind all that we need support to continue our work.