A Smoketown Health Ministry
Mission: To Enhance Health In the Smoketown Neighborhood.
We help people (1) to engage in healthy behaviors, (2) live in an environment that supports health, and have (3)appropriate access to health care.
We believe in holistic health of the mind, body and spirit, nourished by supportive economic, environmental, occupational and other resources.
Harambee Health Center. Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt, charitable organization, incorporated in March 2012, relocated to 800 South Preston Street, Louisville, KY 40203 in 2014. Health programs currently include:
(Harambee is an African Swahil word that means, "Let's Pull together")
- Urgent / Convenient Care Clinic now open Monday and Thursday, 4:000 PM - 8:00 PM. Hours will increase in the near future.
- HIV Peer Prevention Counseling and Testing.
- Cooper Clayton Smoking Cessation. .
- Wellness Services to Salvation Army ( 911 South Brook Street)
- Collaborating Organizations: Youth Build Louisville, Inc., New Directions Housing Corporation, Inc., Choose-Well, Mid-Kentucky Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church. KY Department of Public Health - HIV Division. Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness. Seven Counties, Inc. Smoketown Neighborhood Association. Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
Harambee is an American Academy of Nursing "EdgeRunner" program, an innovative health care program that offers new ideas to improve the health.
Video About Harambee
The American Academy of Nursing produced the video below to highlight Harambee's history, needs of low income communities and financial stresses. (See video below). We are happy to report that due to the strong support of several organizations, Harambee currently in a stronger position. We leave this video to remind all that we need support to continue our work.
- Member: Center for Non-Profit Excellence
- Accounting Firm: Eiche, Smith & Company, Inc. www.escocpsa.com
- Attorney: Glenn Bossmeyer
- Creative and Technical Consulting, stacysmith.com
- Credentialing/Billing: Choose-Well, LLC.